Thursday, October 19, 2006

Paper Frenzy


I have a passion for paper, fabric, too, but a real jones for paper. I save paper from labels, I save paper that is wrapped around the newspapers every morning. I go through the recycling bin at school and grab paper scraps. When the library discards books I go through them and tear out the beautiful caramel-y sheets from the front and back. I save cool cards that I can cut up and re-use, I once saved a whole cupboard of paper sample sheets of card stock whose colors were out-of-date. Can you believe someone parted with THAT!! When I was in art school having the right paper was ever so important. The paper had have the proper weight for every project, the exact tooth necessary to propel the medium, be it marker, paint, or pastels, and of course, the color was all-too-important. I'm pretty sure that I will become one of those old ladies who has 6-foot piles of paper stacked in my garage with but a skinny path cleared to walk through to the freezer.

Knowing all that about me, you'll understand when I read onTeresa's blog that she had issued a challenge to make a postcard for someone who inspires us using one or more of the images that she provided, I was ready and willing for the fun. Here's what I came up with.
I had the very best time creating this - it is my first ATC-ish project. Definitely not my last. In fact I envision stacks and stacks of these in my future, (but not piled in the garage). Teresa, dear, thanks for the inspiration.
I have made such lovely friends these last couple of months through this blog; Teresa, Jen, Raesha, and MaryAnn among many more. Stop by all their blogs and introduce yourself 'cause they are some amazing women. I am in awe of how much they do and create.

Also, on the paper front, look at the cool swag I got from Jen's etsy shop. Vintage wallpaper - oh my gosh, look at this fabulous, marvelous paper. And Jen sent a couple little tidbits - the great "V" card, some delicate ribbon with green embroidery and a tag with - guess what? - a crown on it. I am such a lucky girl. This paper is so beautiful and there's scads of it. Do I have to use it or can I just take it out of the drawer now and again and drool over it?Oh, that might be messy, nevermind.

Well this paper chase is over. Have yourselves a great day. Curl up with the paper and relax.

4 Comments:

Blogger maggiegracecreates said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful

i love these - i love paper too - but my fetish is fabric.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Very Mary said...

Aaaah, my kindred spirit. I, too, am blessed/cursed with the paper obsession. I recently found some freebie vintage wallpaper at a yard sale. I promise to share:)

8:20 PM  
Blogger jen v said...

Yes I can relate as I have a serious paper obsession too. I love to know that I am not alone in this :) Thanks for the sweet shout out in your post.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Raesha D said...

OOHH...your beautiful post made me a little teary eyed...isn't it awesome to love wonderful women that you have never met before??? Thank you, thank you, for being one of those women:) Oh - and I LOVE the carmely papers in the front and back of old books too! They are FANTASTIC to stamp on:)

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home