Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Button, button, who's got the button?


That would be me! I saw some buttons that Mary Ann ordered from Button Empire over at etsy and thought they would be perfect for some beanies that I intend to make so I went ahead and ordered some myself. It was my first etsy experience and all I can saw is "wow, that was fun and easy." I got an email immediately from Amy who thanked me for my order and when I received the buttons yesterday there was another signed thank you from her. The buttons are awesome. Maybe I'll keep a couple for myself. My favorites are the red and yellow damask and the one with brown leaves and red flowers. What do you think?
Okay, okay....did you notice that I linked? I think I've graduated to first grade in blog school. Pat on the back!!! Let me do it again just to show that I am not a one trick pony - ohh, yeah it is the same trick but I'll double it this time.
I really thought that no one read my blog and that was okay because as it turns out I really like writing it and so if it's read or it's not read, I'm still going to plug along. I left some comments on a couple other blogs and lo and behold those people in turn left comments for me. Thanks Ulla and Raesha it meant alot to get your positive comments. And Mary Ann always bolsters my ego and makes me feel loved. Thanks.

I'm pretty confident that my pink and brown swap buddy, the very same Mary Ann, has received her box so here are a few pictures of what goodies I found and made for her. Yummy chocolate and berry colors that bring to mind lovely boxes of bons bons - eaten while lounging in silk robes on a chaise longue with a beauty masque on your face watching dialing for dollars movies. Okay my fantasy's been revealed. A pretty tame one but nonetheless delicious. I was, without a doubt, born in the wrong decade - shoulda been in Hollywood along with Della Street and Perry Mason. But I digress.

There are little pink and brown pretties inside the "crocodile bag" and already wrapped up before I took the photos so there are still some surprises in case the box is late in arriving. What a wonderful idea it was to use pink and brown. They are the colors that I most often wear and now I have so many ideas for making new pink and brown beauties for moi.
Coffee break is over. Back to "work"

7 Comments:

Blogger maggiegracecreates said...

you linked to my blog. i will reciprocate if thats okey - i love having people comment and link.

you can also let all your friends know about Maggie Grace.

Have a beautiful day

teresa

2:41 PM  
Blogger Vallen said...

You betcha!!!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Very Mary said...

ACK! I haven't gotten the package yet - so I averted my eyes quickly! I am glad you got some buttons, though!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Vallen said...

It's pretty well disguised no worries. But if it doesnt come today let me know. I have receipts!!!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Very Mary said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! You really are the Queen! I am so sending you the biggest thank you in the world right now! More to come via email you rockin' chick!

6:30 PM  
Blogger jen v said...

just came from mary ann's blog. what a wonderful package you sent. i love those buttons, i wouldn't be able to give any away.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Vallen said...

Jen, I found you!! You're the Project Runway girl. I love your blog for the collages as well as the commentary!!!

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home