Friday, October 20, 2006

Boxes and boxes of love


Earlier this week I was at a loss for words when I tried to post, but today I have so many words trying to tumbling out of my brain and down to my tap-tapping fingers that they will probably get garbled in the process. For this I apologize beforehand. The cause of my loquaciousness (loquacity?) is the absolutely jaw-dropping, awe-inspiring generosity of my Brown and Pink Swap partner Teresa. I knew to expect 2 boxes from Georgia. I knew they were coming this week. Truth be told, I walked up to the front stoop every afternoon with anticipation and yesterday, well, yesterday waht was waiting was beyond anything I could have imagined!
First off, look at these boxes. The care given to make the outside beautiful is just a hint to the care and thoughtfulness given to the contents.

I couldn't find the box cutter so I just grabbed a knife (shh, don't tell my mom) and started slicing away. Look what I found!!! Dozens of packages, each one wrapped and fit precisely into the big boxes. There wasn't a breath of space between them. I started to count the bundles but I got too excited and just opened them all with mad abandon, reading all the delightful messages attached to many.

I found this...




and this...




and some of this...




and WOW, look at this...



I she even sent this...




And the icing on the cake with the cutest little strawberry on top was this...





And I can, without reservation, say that I have never felt, in my entire life, so appreciated and loved as I did when I opened this gift. I love every little morsel and drop of everything that was in every package in every box. There were goodies to eat, gorgeous pieces of fabric, trinkets that will become part of the crowns that I make. There were bath luxuries and kitchen things. There was paper, oh my gosh, so much amazing paper. There were flower seeds and stamps and coasters and yarn and ribbon and thread and frames and , gosh, too many items to even list. It was an unbelievable sight.
At the risk of getting mushy, I will say that starting a blog, getting in a swap and making these new and wondrous friends has given my life a boost and a focus and a joy that makes me jump for joy and kick my heels up and boogie on down the road. I thank you Teresa for the incredible bounty and Mary Ann who started this lovefest of blogging and swapping. The gushing is not over but I'm going to keep it to myself for now.

I wish you all a fantastic weekend. I'll be playing with all my new stuff. What will you be doing?

3 Comments:

Blogger maggiegracecreates said...

I am so glad you are pleased. I had a blast putting this together. I am glad you can use some of in your creations.
Have a beautiful day and weekend.
teresa

9:53 AM  
Blogger Very Mary said...

I am so happy that you were given bundles of love in return for the bundles of love you sent to me:) Isn't Teresa absolutely so thoughtful and amazing?! Hooray!

12:45 PM  
Blogger jen v said...

Ohhh fun goodies! I love that little strawberry. I hope you have fun playing with all your new goodies. Have to agree with you, Teresa and Maryann are both wonderful people.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home