Tuesday, October 31, 2006

In my mind I'm gone to Carolina

Just a short post because I'm doing this in the rental office where we're staying.
These are pictures by some artists I have just discovered.

The cut paper is by Clay Rice. Last month I saw an article in one of the magazines about a woman who does cut paper pictures. More than silhouettes, she does elaborate and large works. Also, there is a guy that a lot of bloggers have mentioned lately, forgot his name, but he does fascinating thing with cut paper, using both the positive and negative parts of the cutting. Now I find Clay Rice who is local to South Carolina and look at this example of work. The universe is trying to tell me something.


This second artist is Jonathan Green. I saw an original of his in a bookstore in Beaufort, SC and WOW!!! Many of his paintings are the backs of gorgeously dressed black women. The colors are sparkling and they make me smile.
Today we went to Charleston. It is elegant and tropical and lush. We ate at Jestine's. I had fried okra and fried green tomatoes and a meatloaf sandwich. Last night we ate here in Edisto Beach at a wonderful place called the Old Post Office. I had pecan crusted fried quail with cheese grits and a Charleston Chewy cake for dessert. Hey, I'm walking a lot - no worries.
I'll try to get back to the computer tomorrow. Until then...

3 Comments:

Blogger maggiegracecreates said...

How beautiful - have a fabulous trip.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading you blog, I thought your articles is great! I am very like your articles and I am very interested in the field of You blog. Your blog is very useful for me .I bookmarked your blog! I trust you will behave better from now on; I hope she understands that she cannot exepct a raise.

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

find nice video site -

[url=http://www.young-dro.com/profiles/blogs/buy-cheap-soma-soma-san-diego] order soma [/url]

http://www.young-dro.com/profiles/blogs/buy-cheap-soma-soma-san-diego
[url=http://www.young-dro.com/profiles/blogs/buy-cheap-soma-soma-san-diego] soma fm [/url]

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home