Monday, November 20, 2006

Good Morning Starshine

Everyone it seems is getting so much done. I've been visiting blogs this morning and my goodness gracious, people have been busy. Me, too.

I am up to my middle with stars to send out for the ornament swaps I've become involved in. You've seen some of the stars in previous posts and now the little shiny things are being gathered together to form galaxies.

The tips of fingers hurt from pushing a big needle threaded with wool through felted stars. I'm pretty sure the glue on my skin will be there until next spring. And it's fairly clear that my work spaces will continue in delightful disarray until the 25th.

Some of you might notice familiar paper, yarns and other tidbits. I am using everything I have within the color scheme of brown, pink, sky bue and red.

I started a lot of the stars earlier in the month but they needed some tweaking. I decided what they needed was a touch of red.

Attaching the stars to the trim was a solution I had been unable to come up with. Then Saturday morning I just woke up with the idea...Buttons.

I got about half of the strands of stars completed while watching Midsomer Murders yesterday. I'm pretty confident that I can get the rest done before the due date of December 1st.

Next step is figuring out how to get those puppies to their new owners - I'm thinking padded envelopes but we'll see. Another day, another dilemma.

I feel like the slow elf in Santa's workshop, though. Look at Mary Ann and Miss Teresa. Those ladies are going to get a gold star this week.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delighted you invited me over to your blog, I'm really enjoying it. I will certainly be back to read more. Children on route home from playschool at the moment, so will drop in again this evening. Curious to see those Ireland photos you told me about in your Oct archives. ...

4:38 AM  
Blogger Raesha D said...

Oh - these are beautiful!! You did a great job on them:)

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got my stars bright and early this morning! They are so beautiful and definitely something I look forward to showing off. Happy holidays!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home