Thursday, November 16, 2006

Q is for...


Not QUITE in focus, but that isn't what I was going to say. No.
Qis for QUANDRY. What to make, how do I start this, is it good, will they like it, do I like it? These questions are familiar, I know, because I read them in so many blogs. Mary Ann wrote about it yesterday and Miss Teresa wondered about it a month or so ago. I'm in it right now. I signed up for this Fairy Christmas Swap. The brief is to make an ornament and a card. Easy enough. I'm making nine ornaments for this swap so another one won't be a problem. But the card thing... I had ideas, tons of ideas, but, see, they required me illustrating fairy things and ethereal stuff and , wow, that felt like a big challenge for someone who is not all that confident in her drawing skills. Then I went to the website of the person to whom I'm sending this ornament and card and she is a painter and she is a really good painter. And I checked out her blog friends and they are really good artists, too and I am putting myself in a needless dither I know but right now I am paddling upriver without an oar. Not to worry, I'll get there, sopping and bedraggled, perhaps, but I'll get there. Q is not for QUITTER.

Q is also for QUEST. The quest for the perfect ATC. I spotted a swap on swapbot for ATC Newbies. Only have to make three cards. Why not? So last night I buckled down to the trading card business. Geesh, I must have cut up 2 reams of paper and miles of trim before I came up with these. Like 'em, don't love 'em. Letters, courtesy of sweet Mary Ann and the red rimmed tags I have been saving forEVER and finally decided to use a few. The plaid is the back of a loteria card and the little marigolds are the last three in my bag of tricks. The perfect ATC? Yeah, I'm thinking, actually hoping, that I won't come up with it just yet, 'cause then the fun of trying would be over. No QUALMS.

Q is for QUIXOTIC, foolishly impractical. That would be me. But don't you think that impractical is the definition of the QUINTESSENTIAL artist and crafter? What's practical about spray glitter and gold doilies? I make crowns for crying out loud - there is nothing practical about crowns.

Unless you're a QUEEN

4 Comments:

Blogger maggiegracecreates said...

And a Queen you are. I have a great start on a package for you.I owe you this for my beautiful crown. Including doilies and other sparkly bits.

You may think crowns are impractical, but I do believe every girl needs one, just to remind her that in Someone's eyes she is a princess (queen). I like princess, for some reason it sounds younger.

Have a wonderful day.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Vallen said...

Younger is definitely better. And you are not, in any way, in my debt. Remember your travel agent services.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Raesha D said...

I love your atcs - they turned out great!!!!

8:03 AM  
Blogger jen v said...

Everyone doubts their creativity once in a while. Silence your inner critic, anyting you make is extraordinary. I am in LOVE with your ATC's perfect use of black and red. I need to have one, how much do you want to make one more? I am totally serious.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home