Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It's Good to be Queen

In fact, it rocks to be queen. I got back to work yesterday after a week long vacation. This was on my desk to greet me when I came back. Notes from staff and kids and the dearest little pewter acorn a friend found while antique-ing. So my first day back was rewarding just knowing that I was missed. It's always great to feel wanted.

Then, I got home and waiting there was a box from Ohio. Curious. I wasn't expecting a box from Ohio. A card, maybe, but not a box. What could it be? Well, just take a gander at what it was. It was this incredible burst of Queen Bee colors, yellow and black and it was brimming with goodies. Was it from a swap? No. Was it my birthday? No. Was it in exchange for something I sent? No. It was Mary Ann, the very generous and thoughtful Mary Ann, who for no reason whatsoever, just sent out a box of wonderful loot to little ol' me here in California, just 'cause.

Look at the hat, at the pins, the ribbons, at the cups and scarves, and fabric from old quilts. Look at the charms, at the sewing notions, at the pillow case, at the trims and, oh yeah, more hats. And did you see that purse?

Aad Mary Ann, dear Mary Ann, just sent this out, to her never-met friend, me, here on the West Coast, a box of terrific and much-loved bits and bobs to me.

Even though she was suffering through weeks of hell with grading English papers and barfing daughters, she managed to find time, amidst all that harrowing yuckiness, to put together and mail a box of delicious and delightful and appreciated things to me.

And friends like Mary Ann are precious and few and far between. And because of my friend Mary Ann I have made friends with Teresa and Raesha and Jen B.
and that is why, it's good to be Queen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Very Mary said...

*blush* Thank you for the kind words! I do so appreciate having you in my life!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Raesha D said...

Mary Ann rocks!! I have been thrilled to discover this blogger world:):)

9:09 PM  
Blogger jen v said...

Yay for Mary ann and her awesome just because packages. I love that girl! Lovey booty you scored there.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home