Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Gooder'n grits

There's nothing better than scooching down into a comfy bed on blustery, wet evening and jumping into a mystery. This is what I've been jumping into lately.
The craft books are pretty good, the "Second Time Cool" one being the best. In fact, I might pass the other two on to my college-going niece. Cutting felted sweaters apart is really great fun. Often you can get three or more projects out of one sweater. I've been making hats and tea cozies but I'm inspired to make purses and wrist warmers and gloves with my newest acquisitions.

Last night I really did do a lot but most of it is confidential. These cute little roses will be lapel pins for friends. I want to crochet leaves but the first pattern I tried didn't come out quite the way I'd hoped. They only take minutes so I figure I can experiment a little.

Here we have a little stash of paper stuff for people with paper obsessions, not naming names, but it gives me a warm cozy feeling knowing I'm not alone, not the only one out there with this addiction to paper.

And here we have the results of Mary Ann's card challenge. That woman is a mad crafter and she keeps us on our creative toes. I love that she is so unwavering in her devotion to crafting and motivates us all to higher levels of production.

I have been busy and industrious and it feels good, especially at this time of year. I get a thrill out of fashioning gifts for folks I care about and to just exercise my imagination. All the swaps, official and casual, really get me moving when my first inclination is to plop down in front of the tube and veg out every night. Every night I go home thinking about what I will work on, what ideas I will pursue, what I will complete. It's fulfilling and really that's about as good as it gets.

4 Comments:

Blogger jen v said...

Reading this makes me more motivated to get crafty. I have been so darn tired from the time change or maybe it's just life. Anyhow thank you for the inspiration.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Very Mary said...

Um, hello, how am I supposed to be mad at you for showing off the card craft challenge results when the picture doesn't give anything away?! Geesh, the least you could do is ruin my surprise or something! hee hee

7:57 PM  
Blogger Raesha D said...

I want a pair of wrist warmers so bad - did you find a good easy pattern for some?? My boss has been going through menopause for the last 5 years and keeps the office absolutely frigid! We are all wearing multiple layers of sweaters and she is running around in short sleeves complaining how hot it is!!!!

8:34 PM  
Blogger maggiegracecreates said...

I love the little flowers. I was mia yesterday, but I got MaryAnn's package for me when I got home after 10 pm last night. I have put a few things on the back burner working o the bazaar stuff. back to normal next week.

teresa

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home