Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Stars in my eyes

The last few days have been so incredible, I've felt so loved and appreciated, and well, I didn't think it could get any better. But doesn't everything get better with...chocolate?

Yesterday afternoon a parent came by and dropped off this FIVE POUND box of See's chocolates. Yes, five pounds!!!! Of mixed chocolates!!!! Lord have mercy on my blooming butt!! She dropped off the FIVE-POUND box of chocolates to say thank you for all the help I'd been to her and her daughter. Really, I didn't do that much but whatever it was I guess it meant a lot to her. Isn't that always the way. Sometimes we have no idea how much we touch another person, in good ways and not so good ways. In any case, there's a big box of See's on my desk if you wanna stop by. Better hurry though 'cause the vultures have started ravaging the contents. (Don't you hate it when people leave the little brown papers in the box empty? It's like they think they're fooling you about taking one. Geeeeeesh.)

The stars in my eyes are these little gems. I really got going on crafting last night and managed to whip up several crocheted stars and gather together the matching papers for a little project I have in mind. You'll just have to wait to see it but what do you think of the colors? I am trying to keep it Christmasy without being toooooo Christmasy, if that makes sense. Always the maverick!

Some of that paper is from Teresa, from the big boxes of goodies she sent for the Pink and Brown swap not too long ago. I wish I could tell you more about this project but, well, frankly, I'm kind of making it up as I go along, "Zenning" it as it were. It's like I have a picture in my mind of what I'd like the finished project to look like but I haven't quite figured out how to get there and actually there are parts of it I haven't yet envisioned but...hey, that's what we do, isn't it? I'm happy to be creating something that someone else will, hopefully, enjoy.

Thanks to everyone for the great e-mails this morning. Love you guys. Group hug! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger maggiegracecreates said...

Do I also spy some pink yarn on one of those stars?

Guilty - I always leave the little brown wrappers. But alas, I have not been near you my new friend.

Have a beautiful day.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Vallen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vallen, your blog is so charming. I'm dying to know what this card/ornament swap thing is, it looks lke fun! Thank you for stopping by my blog, I left an answer there for you.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home