Monday, November 27, 2006

Long time no see

Back to school after five days and everyone has forgotten how to act, grown-ups as well as students, so I've exhausted my supply of words already and it's only 8:30 in the morning. So lots of pictures, being worth 1,000 words each.
This is how I spent the time away from you.
First off I finished a christmas card for the fairy swap; one card, one ornament. Mine are going to England. I was a little intimidated about the card. As I think I mentioned I visited my partner's blog and she is a very good artist. I wrestled with illustrating the card. I wrestled with fairy-ness and finally I did this. No illustration, no fairy-ness. What a wuss!


But I am rather proud of the rest of my accomplishments. This is a little hat I've made for a friend's granddaughter. It's from the now-familiar sweater that I cut up. She will look adorable in it. She's quite the fashion plate.


Then from another sweater I fashioned this clutch bag. This came together like a dream. The color is yummy peacock blue and the lining fabric is a piece of Tracy Porter fabric I picked up one day. I think the combination rocks! (She said modestly)



Then because I wanted instant gratification I crocheted up a bunch of flowers and embellished them with buttons. Many of you will probably recognize a lot of goodies that you, yourselves, provided for me.



I got all my 10 ornaments made for swaps, wrapped them up and here they are like little soldiers, ready to march to the post office. (if only!!!)


I am glad to read that you all had a good Thanksgiving. We did, too. So much good food, although I'm kind of over turkey for a few days.
It's good to be back.

5 Comments:

Blogger jen v said...

Hope your day got better. Everything you made just adorable, especially the hat.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Raesha D said...

The hat and the clutch are fabulous!!!

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that blue bag is fantastic, the lining sets it off beautifully.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Rosa said...

What a talent you are! Wow. Those knits are absolutely gorgeous! Cheers!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous andrea said...

The hat and the clutch are so cute

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home