Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Turkey Trot



The trotting will be done by me racing around trying to get stuff done. Went to Costco last night-I try to go there as infrequently as possible because it's so hard to shop. I must have been backed into, run over and halted by cart traffic just about every turn I took. On the plus side I managed to have a 5 course meal in samples - Hummus on crackers, bacon, chicken pot pie, bbq chicken wings and raspberry-chocolate cheesecake for dessert. But now, with the shopping done, the fun times begin. My mission tomorrow - decorate the table. Then, on Thursday morning, fueled by very strong French Roast, I will make a pumpkin pie with caramel-pecan crunch topping, sweet potato souffle, corn pudding, blue cheese bites, and chili-cheese crackers. Not one thing is lo-cal. I'm using butter and cream and sugar, marshmallows, cheese and bacon. No scrimping on the fat for Thanksgiving. No trying for healthy. This is a day for over-indulgence and no worries about waistlines.
No school tomorrow which means a five-day weekend looming ahead. Plans are to finish up swap stuff and send everything out so there's time to get going on gifts for family and friends. Five. Whole. Days. Whooooo-hoooo!
I wish you all a very full, festive Turkey Day. I'm thankful that all of you are part of my world, now. A hug to each and every one of you.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you sound organised, and you sound like an extremely competant cook, my mouth is watering!

What date is Thanksgiving, we are not familiar with it here in Ireland. Apologies for my ignorance!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Very Mary said...

And I, my friend, am absolutely grateful for you!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Raesha D said...

Girlfriend, you have to email me to see if our "Terry" family lines are the same!! That would be AWESOME if we were related - though I'd still love you if we weren't:):)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Raesha D said...

THANK YOU!!! Your little package arrived here yesterday - thank you for the pages of ideas and the sleeves to try them out on! I posted all about it:)

9:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks again for another whimcisal adventure!

KJ

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home